December 9, 2013

Holiday Decorating!

The day after thanksgiving we decorated the christmas tree and the house! We are absolutely in love with it. This tree was such a pain to get home but now that its up we love it! Our tree is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. We can have it either colored lights or we can have it white lights or both and have it flicking back and forth. I can't decided which one I like better. Most days I find myself leaning to the white lights and husband to the colored lights. So every other day we switch.  Being married and having my own home to decorate for the holidays has to be my favorite thing ever. I get to decide where things go and what is what. I love it. Since the tree has been up our favorite pastime is to lay down by the tree and spend time looking at it. We have a date planned to watch a christmas movie up by the tree and drink hot cocoa and I can't wait for that. (hint hint husband lets do it soon!) We have fallen madly in love with the holidays and i'm okay with that. 
oh ps! I'm over here today for mormon monday
go check it out! 

13 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, you have so much christmas supplies! haha, we bought a real tree this year, and i love it! but i'm good with that, we are too poor haha. i love christmas, your decorations look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lot of the decorations are from wedding gifts we got!
      At first I thought christmas stuff in may but now i'm so glad we got some as wedding presents!
      thanks girl! xo

      Delete
  2. I love that your tree can do both colors. Ours is prelit, but it only does white lights. You guys look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ours is also prelit and I LOVE it. so much easier. I really like white lights. Husband thought he would like white and I would like color and its actually opposite! haha

      Delete
  3. So cool that you guys can switch colors. I grew up with colored lights, and hubby usually had white, so since my mother-in-law let us use her lights for free, I compromised and agreed to have white.
    Same thing with the tree, my father-in-law let us use his old fake tree this year so we could save some money, so I compromised and got a fake tree. But next year, we are definitely gonna go back to our real tree, at least if I have anything to say about it. ;)
    Beautiful decorations, I need to take some tips from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! We did ours last week. Yours is so pretty!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. im usually a fan of white lights, but those colored ones look BOMB!! i love your energy for the holidays, its infectious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holidays are my fav. Especially Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your wedding guests gave you Christmas decorations as gifts!

    I remember being sooo excited buying all the bits and pieces for our first Christmas in our own house and we still have most of what we bought 8 years on. We now buy one extra special piece every year to add to the collection :). I'm a white light fan too but your coloured ones do look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat that you can do both colorless and colored lights! All of your decorations are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your tree! I just love Christmas in general!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to not be that big into Christmas decorating at all, but there really is something about being married and having your own place that makes it SO much more fun. You'll have to post a pic of the tree with the white lights so we can all vote on which one we like (although I must say, I like the intensity of the colors in this pic!)

    ReplyDelete

you may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...