January 2, 2014

New Year! New Goals!

Its a new year! So long 2013 and hello 2014! 
I loved loved 2013. I honestly think that will always be one of my favorite years. So many good things happened and I'm beyond thankful and blessed that they did. 
I love when its a new year. I always feel like its a fresh start and its a good time to step back and make new goals and realize how good life really is.
The other day husband and I sat on our living room floor and talked about our new personal goals we have for this next year and also marriage goals. I really liked how we had a little family discussion on it so that way we can cheer and help each other accomplish their goals. 

In 2014 as a marriage goal we want to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days (by Easter!) Our bishop has challenged us and we feel like it will be a good thing for us two. 

In this year we will be making date night a priority! We already do but we want to make it more. We're going to take turns planning the dates and make sure we really focus on each other and our marriage. 

Now as for my own personal goals for 2014 I want to start exercising more. I really have slacked off for a long time and I want to get back in the habit of being healthy. Do a little of all the good stuff. Running, abs, legs oh and zumba of course. 

I want to be the best wife I can be. I want to try more recipes and really challenge myself in the kitchen. Since being married I have come to like cooking. I really want to try new recipes I find on pinterest and all my cook books.  

I want to read more books in 2014. I love reading. I love the feeling of starting a new book and being taken away with the story. I always want to be reading a book. 

I want to challenge myself in this next year. Try new things, less phone time, take better photos, plant a garden, stress less, craft more, be a better person and be brave

Welcome 2014 and Happy New Year! 

11 comments:

  1. Your goals for this year are great! I love that you and your husband took time to sit down together and discuss your goals, that is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have similar goals! I want to cook and exercise more too! you can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I definitely need to work on the "less phone time".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading too - you have great goals!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you found my blog so I could find yours! I love reading your writing at looking at all the cute pictures you have! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and come visit me! make it a goal! I need some Jennie time..

    ReplyDelete
  7. cutest picture ever! such an adorable couple:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are ALWAYS too cute! My husband would throw a fit! Glad yours likes pictures, well it seems like he does! All your goals are GREAT! Mine are pretty similar and I hope to stay on track with them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that picture! Sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok you two are SO cute! Love your blog!! I love that you take turns planning dates and that one of your goals is to make date night a priority :) awesome. I want to do that to and I would love to see what dates my husband comes up with!

    ReplyDelete

you may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...